Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Betty Crapper

-Definitions found in Wikipedia-

Betty Crocker, an invented persona and cultural icon, is a brand name and trademark of American food company General Mills. The name was first developed by the Washburn Crosby Company in 1921 as a way to give a personalized response to consumer product questions. The name Betty was selected because it was viewed as a cheery, All-American name. It was paired with the last name Crocker, in honor of William Crocker, a Washburn Crosby Company director.

Betty Crapper, an actual person living in Murray, Utah. In 1998 she began trying her hand at cooking and baking with dire results. The name Betty Crapper, soon became her affectionately given name by many who were effected by her "crappy" skills in the kitchen. (anyone remember the monkey bread incident?)

Once again, I fell into a delusional state and had myself convinced that I could bake. My attempt at zucchini bread...... failed miserably. I am mystified!!! It started out so well, I followed the instructions given by Ms. Paula Dean, to a T. Where I went wrong is a total mystery, but true to form, there was smoke and lots of it. Unbelievable! I keep thinking at some point I will be rewarded for my efforts, but not this time.
Sorry Betty, I think you suck!!!

9 comments:

Tolman Family said...

You are HILARIOUS...I LOVE IT! The bread tasted great and hey with the monkey bread, how could I forget. I love you buns anyway. Tasty sense of humor though. LOL :)

Nichole Lowe said...

I am sorry but I had to laugh. I am dying for the receipe from Paula Dean though. You can't be all that bad though. We all have those times.

Marinda said...

Would the monkey bread incident be the time where you delivered dinner in tears, and nearly burnt your house down? If so, yep still remember.

G&G Martin said...

Sorry Boo, it happens to all of us though. Don't give up trying. You will succeed. I know you will.
The saying goes, "If you first do not succeed, try, try again." SMILE!!
And you know you do have many successes................

Becky Gray said...

Good job Brenda... did you do that to make me feel better? haha

girlygirl said...

I'm with you sister! Although, at least you can feel better that there is at least one person who is a worse cook - ME. I have tried, and failed, at every banana bread attempt I have made. And, I'm sure you are way better than you think you are. :)

The Enloe Family said...

That almost looks as bad as that low fat loaf you fixed us in Tooele. I love you Brenda!!! Thanks for sharing.

Vanessa said...

I stopped trying a LONG time ago! Who needs to cook when there is Cafe Rio!

lindie said...

You totally crack me up. I too SUCK at baking big time!! I can cook, but absolutely CAN NOT bake. Doug gets a little sad when my friends make good cookies and stuff because he's not getting them from me. Well, he does- sometimes, but they SUCK!!!

I love your friend Vanessa's comment. I crave that place all the time!! My fave for sure. I eat it for breakfast lunch and dinner when i'm visiting my mom