Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Value of Friends

I don't believe I take the time that I should to recognize and thank the people in my life that mean the most to me. I suppose this is a product of my selfishness, although I am surrounded by great women who constantly uplift me, amazing children who continually make me laugh and remind me to not be so serious, and wonderful men that support my every whim, my intent is not to ignore or take advantage of these important people.



Carrie AnnCarrie has the uncanny ability to make everyone around her feel like she wants to get to know them. She takes advantage of every opportunity to help those who need her. She looks and prays for those chances to serve. She makes sure her life revolves around her children, making sure they are loved, protected and safe, is her solitary goal. She is soft spoken, yet firm when it is required. She treats my children as her own, and they in turn love her for it. Although she is not publicly affectionate with her husband, she loves him with every inch of her sole. She strives to make his life easier and very much appreciates his hard work so she is able to spend her days raising her children. She loves her extended families and speaks of them in high regard. She feels very lucky to have in laws that accept and embrace her. She misses her parents and sisters and makes the effort to talk frequently and stay close.

Most of all, to me, she is my example. Carrie has so many amazing qualities that I want in my life. I can only hope as we spend time together they will rub off in me. She quite possible is one of my very few best friends. She would do anything I asked of her without any hesitation, but I hardly have to ask, she just does it before I know I need it. I would not be the parent I am without my village and she is a key part. I am so blessed to have her in my life............
plain and simple........ I love her!




Becky
Becky, what can I say about Becky, she is my hero! She is a rock. She is absolutely and totally devoted to her children. She is committed to bringing out he best in each of her children, she spends every waking hour worrying and praying for the success of her girls. She doats on her husband and craves opportunities to spend time with him. I have never heard a negative word come from her mouth about someone else, yet she will defend those she loves to the bitter end. She is kind and extremely thoughtful and perceptive. She senses when someone is sad and is always there with a shoulder to cry on. She loves her siblings and would walk across coals for them even if she believes they aren't making the right choices. She has an amazing testimony, loves her Savior and is always striving to please him and in turn she is blessed.

Mostly, I love Becky for her loyalty and dedication to our friendship. There is never two days in a row that she doesn't check in with me and make sure I am OK. She makes me feel important in her life. Becky is fun, she has so much energy and I love when she pulls me in. I can't help but be happy around her. I am lucky to have found such a great friend. I love her dearly!

7 comments:

Becky Gray said...

Ok!!!! What is up? The first part of your blog gets a Giant DIDO!!!!! but who the crap are you talking about in the 2nd part? Seriously!! I have never had someone say that nice of "stuff" about me ever... You are way to kind. But thank you! You are a wonderful person and a Great friend!!!! You make me laugh and can make me cry. WOW thanks

Tolman Family said...

That was...sniff...the....sniff, sniff....sweetest thing! Sniff, sniff! I'm typless! Thank you for everything you wrote about me. That was very sweet Brenda. I too, love our friendship and am so grateful for you and for everything you have done for me and my family. You are always there for me and can't thank you enough for that. I love you and I love our friendship! Like Becky said....you make me LAUGH and I love that about you! ;)

Tolman Family said...

I love your layout by the way! Very cute picture of yourself there missy!

lizwagz said...

I used to have a really great friend like that about 6 years ago, then she moved away :{ Now we only talk a couple of times a year...
love ya Bren!

Tolman Family said...

Liz, I you brought me too tears and Brenda you know why!

Lindsey said...

THEY BOTH ARE FANTASTIC LADIES!!I DON'T KNOW BECKY VERY WELL BUT I CAN TELL SHE IS A GREAT GAL AND A WONDERFUL FRIEND,MOTHER,WIFE..ETC..


AS FOR CARRIE LYNN.. WHAT A WONDERFUL SISTER IN LAW.. I HATE TO SAY SISTER IN LAW BECAUSE SHE IS LIKE A SISTER TO ME..I'M SO BLESSED TO HAVE HER IN MY LIFE. SHE IS EVERYTHING YOU SAID AND MORE..I HAVE NEVER MET A PERSON SO CARING AND SELFLESS AS HER:)I LOVE HER.. SHE IS THE BEST!!!


PS. BRENDA YOUR NOT SO BAD YOUR SELF GIRL.. NOT EVERYONE WOULD WIPE SOME RANDOM KIDS BUTT!!! THANKS AGAIN I OWE YOU ONE;)

Julie said...

Brenda,
What a sweet post on Carrie and Becky. Friends are the best, and you have 2 really good ones with them. I am so happy that Carrie is in my life, I don't know what I would do without her! She is such a good Mommy to Madi, Jacob, and Owen and she keeps Ty on his toes!
Thanks for all the nice things you said. Hope you don't mind that I looked at this blog!