Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Premier Week

Well, first things first! It is true, the long awaited premiere week is finally upon us!!! For everyone who knows me my "shows" are a huge release for me at the end of my day. I love to make sure all my favorites are recorded and ready for viewing as soon as the kids are securely in bed for the night. With Diet Pepsi in hand, my viewing pleasure begins.

Here are my absolute favs, a few that I really like, and a couple I am sad to say, I can't give up.

Don't judge me, there are many and some I am not proud of but hey,
I guess that's just ME, right?

The Office...... do I really need to explain myself on this one?
OK, possibly I do. One of the most politically incorrect shows I have ever scene.
Simply put, it's a train wreck and I am a rubbernecker.
Without a Trace - I began watching this crime drama about the missing persons division of the FBI when my cute mom was staying with my kids while we were gone. Apparently she had a fight with the DVR and ended up recording somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 episodes right at the end of the regular season of TV. Perfect timing, I was having "show" withdraws and there were 10 episodes recorded of a new show I had never seen. In the end I really enjoyed it.
Lipstick Jungle - Super fun woman power show! Three women who seemingly have it all, amazing careers, rediculously wealthy boyfriends, doating husbands, adorable children, and the list goes on and on!
OK, now the real reason I am addicted......
Robert Buckley (Kirby) or as I like to affectionatly refer to him, Super Hottie! Oh My....
The New Adventures of Old Christine - In the words of Monica from friends, "It is so funny I may have peed just a little bit." Why am I so fascinated by those who are train wrecks?
Private Practice - So I started watching it because I felt bad that Adison got voted off the Gray's Anatomy island. I liked her character, minus the whole adultury with the best friend thing. Ended up pleasently surprised, Tay Diggs, need I say more?
Pushing Daisies - Stay with me on this one! GREAT new show! Not your average story line, I love the way the story is narrated and I am so refreshed to see a silly super power. Fun show I hope it stays!
Desperate Housewives - I held out for so long on this one! I just started watching last year....... Why didn't someone slap me! I think I feel like I live on Wisteria Lane sometimes, which one do you think I am?
ER - I know! Give it up already! I have watched this show since the very first season, I think I am still watching out of a matter of principal. I have to see it throught to the end. Thank goodness this year is the end!
Gray's Anatomy - In the beginning I was grawn in by the Mereditha nd Derrick plot, but enough is enough! Poop or get off the pot! I do really enjoy most of the other charaters and their drama, although, in my opinion the killed Denny off way to soon (unless they are going to pull a Days of Our Lives).
How I Met Your Mother - I am so glad my brother/sister in law recommended this show to us. On the other hand, Doogie, I mean Barney better snap out of it fast cuz his charater is going down the crapper.
The Big Bang Theory - This sitcom may rival The New Adventures of Old Christine for my favorite! It's the age old problem of brains vs. beauty, but these guys aren't your average brains, more correctly put they are mega brains. Funny, funny, funny crap!!!!!
Boston Legal - Once again, I was a late comer to this drama, and yet it may be my favorite drama! There hasn't ever been an episode when the dry and mostly off color humor didn't leave me wanting more! After being a loyal fan for the last couple years, I definately feel I have a deeper understanding and compassion for those who are afflicted by mad cow........... ;)
Brothers and Sisters - I feel right at home with the Walker family, aside from the gay brother, the dead father, the cheating brother and brother in law, the sister and uncle who lost the family fortune, the fathers mistress who has a daughter, the mistress' daughter who finds out the Walker dad isn't her father, the brother who falls in love with his eledged sister, the sister who is married to a presidential candadite and the widowed mother out playing the field when she isn't interfeering in each of her childrens lives. Can you see how I feel right at home? Nevertheless, it's a train wreck and you know what I say about train wrecks......
Criminal Minds - Who doesnt need a good absolutly disturbing crime drama in the line up? The Behavior Analisys Unit (BAU) is super interesting, or at least how it is portrayed for TV. Yet, after watching it I still have nights that I have to sing a primary song to go to sleep. This is also one of Corey's favorites to watch with me.
The Bachelor - Remember how I said there were some that I wasn't proud of...... Well here it is, I am out of the closet and I am here to say I am strangly drawn to this form of finding someone to marry. I have had quite a few years to examine why and I think I have come up with a pretty good answer. IT'S ABSURD!!!! How anyone thinks that this is a good idea is beyond me!!! Jason from last season is the new Bachelor this season, I think Deanna was retarded for not choosing him, he was so cute! To each his own......... Good luck Jason, much to my dismay, I will be rooting for you.

4 comments:

Tolman Family said...

Holy Cow...that was funny. "have to sing primary songs to sleep at night!" I'm the biggest looser friend when it comes to TV shows. There are 3 shows I have honestly never heard of. Where am I? I need to get in to some of these shows.....so interesting!

G&G Martin said...

I really cannot take credit for the recordings. They must have just got on there because I did not do it. First of all I wouldn't have known how. You know that. SMILE!! When I had TV it was one of my favorites however. SMILE!! Mom

lindie said...

Ok! So I am just as cool as you!! I love those shows. Doug seriously think that I am retarded for watching them and he tells me that they are SO fake all the time!!! I'm just like LEAVE ME ALONE I love these shows. LOVED LOVED LOVED the last Bachelorette

Vanessa said...

I am so with you on the Greys thing! BORING!!! Oh well hope it gets better. I am a huge sucker for high school stuff too! What can I say soo fun :)